I’ve been known to say, “I can’t imagine how someone without Jesus could get through this.”
I’ve said it several times this year.
When we face tough things in our lives, it is meant to make us more Christ-like. That will only happen if we draw closer to Him as we walk through our situation with Him by our side. If we can cling to Him and trust Him for the grace we need for each moment, the transition will gradually happen and we will hardly notice because our eyes will be on Jesus, not ourselves.
The first step in this is to spend time with the Lord, and reading His word.
This blog really convicted me:
- I must read the right blogs since they bring such conviction to my soul.
- Do you multi-task when you’re supposed to be having a quiet time? I do.
- I usually multi-task and sometimes I catch myself trying to do in during
- my devotions.
- How does that work? Not well.
“For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.” Deu 4:24 ESV
- He doesn’t want to share you with your daytime, or your messages.
- During your time with Him he wants you to focus on Him.
- Listen to Him.
- Meditate on Him.
- Second, we need to be in prayer.
- “Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.” Eph 6:18 NLT
- That doesn’t mean we spend our entire day on our knees, but as we go about our day, we should send little bullet prayers for those the Lord brings to mind.
Worship and Thanksgiving
- We forget!
- It’s necessary for us to worship the Lord for what He has done, what He is doing, and what He is going to do.
- To thank him for what he has done, is doing, and is going to do.
“And you shall remember the whole way that the LORD your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments or not.” Deu 8:2 ESV
Sharing a post from the past.
I never used to like to decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, until I heard someone say, “Giving Thanks, The Gateway to Christmas”.
I would like to receive encouraging weekly emails about Biblical marriage, parenting, and homemaking. Encourage me. Yes! Please sign me up. Please use the form at the right. We will not share your address..
I would like to receive your freebie. Yes! Please send it to me.
©Write the Vision
All rights reserved