- Lift that turkey into your cart – of course, you picked the biggest one, right?
- Three gallons of milk is next. How can we drink so much milk?
- Oh, that’s right, we need a gallon of vinegar.
- Thank goodness for the small things, yogurt, eggnog, cheese.
- On to check out
- Here we go again, lift that turkey, three gallons of milk, one gallon of vinegar and the small things.
- All paid, now to put everything back in the cart, turkey, milk, vinegar, and the small things.
- Out to the car, and you lift them all into the car.
- Finally home and once again you lift that 20-pound turkey, three gallons of milk, a gallon of vinegar, and the small things.
Do you realize that you lifted everything five times? Sounds more like a workout than a shopping trip.
That’s how I used to shop.
- Get a cup of coffee and sit down at my computer.
- Put all my groceries in my online cart.
- I keep open tabs for another local store so I can compare prices.
- Pay for them and tell them when I want to pick them up.
- I drive to Walmart.
- Mary Ann puts that 20-pound turkey, three gallons of milk, a gallon of vinegar, and the small stuff into my car.
- In five minutes I’m on my way home to unload everything.
- I lift it all once, put it away, and I’m done!
- Time saved
- Less impulse buying
- Money saved by being able to check prices before purchasing
- Less lifting
- Less getting cold or wet – I live in MN
- No looking for a good parking spot
- Saved energy for fun things instead of all that lifting
- Shopping you want to do for yourself
Even if I have to go into the store to get a prescription, or pick up some things that I want to shop for myself, I still order my heavy things to pick up. It still saves me time and effort.
I’ve begun to order my produce from the pickup – you can check it before it’s put in your car and not get it if it isn’t what you want.
If they don’t have what you ordered, for instance, a three-pound bag of broccoli flowers. They gave me 3 one-pound bags for the price of the three-pound bag.
The links to Walmart pickup are referral links. I will get $10 if you sign up. But so will you after your first order. It’s a win-win.
I would like to receive encouraging weekly emails about Biblical marriage, parenting, and homemaking. I really want to be encouraged! Yes! Please sign me up. Please use the form at the right. Your address will not be shared.
©Write the Vision
All rights reserved
Please note that we participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
AFFILIATE LINKS DISCLOSURE:
Write the Vision does provide links to different products, retailers or organizations on our site. We may also place affiliate links on sidebars. We encourage you to follow these links and check them out. If you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we will make a commission from the sale, without any additional cost to you. We only recommend things that we have used personally and love.