- I was innocently checking my email.
- I stopped to read Todd Wilson’s article about writing in the Homeschool Minute.
- The short blurb at the end of his article caught my eye.
- His book The Injection was on sale on Amazon for $.99, so I stopped to look at it.
It’s then that I made my fatal mistake…
- I clicked to look inside.
- By the time I read the preview I was hooked and quickly bought the book.
- I admit to being the normal homeschool mom book addict.
- We read a lot as a family – classics, fiction, and history.
- But I usually don’t read fiction by myself.
Some two hours later:
- I was still sitting at my computer reading The Injection.
- Dinner wasn’t made.
- None of my to-do list had gotten done.
So I sent Todd Wilson an email to inform him that:
- Having a preview of The Injection was unfair.
- I hadn’t made dinner or done my work because of it.
Being the great guy Todd is, he sent me a note to show my husband.
Here’s the note from your doctor…
Dear Phyllis’s husband and children,
Your wife and mother will be unable to provide dinner, or her attention to you, tonight and for as long as it takes to finish this great book by a below average author. I am sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause you. In fact, you might just want to eat out tonight.
Thanks for your understanding,
Doctor of Dadology
That should have been the end of it, right? Oh, no way. Last night I found myself sitting on the edge of the tub in our bathroom at 2AM reading The Injection on my iPhone.
Like I said in the beginning: Be careful – this book is truly addicting. Don’t even look at it unless you have a free afternoon or evening.
Finding Joy in the Journey,
I would love to have the opportunity to keep in touch with you. Please sign up to be notified of new entries and to receive my Free E-zine. (Your address will not be shared)
Please sign up and receive your free copy of Dan’s Doodles I
Proclaiming God’s Faithfulness at:
© 2012 Phyllis Sather
All rights reserved