I know, I just gave away a cookbook, but this is so much more than a cookbook. It’s an entire Thanksgiving unit study within a cookbook.
I also don’t usually do book reviews, but when I saw “We Gather Together” I knew I had to make you aware of it.
If you don’t recognize the names of these authors, let me tell you a little about them. Hal and Melanie wrote the book “Raising Real Men”, which was the Christian Small Publishers’ 2011 Book of the Year. It has to be one of the best books on raising boys we’ve ever read. We preordered it when it was first available and it is still on my husband’s stack of often-referred-to books.
Here is what a few other people have said about it:
“Raising Real Men is long overdue… this book is a breath of fresh air.” – Dr. Tedd Tripp, Author, Shepherding a Child’s Heart
“This is a book that every family should have…” – J. Michael Smith, Esq, President, HSLDA
Available in hard copy, audiobook, ebook, Kindle, NookBook, and more! Order today at Raising Real Men
Now that you’re interested in them and have some background, let me tell you about one of their latest books – the one they are so graciously allowing me to give three copies of to my readers.
You are going to want to enter to win one of these, and if you don’t win you will not be disappointed if you purchase one for the introductory price of $7.50 at their store so you can put it to immediate use as you celebrate Thanksgiving.
If you are looking for a fun, interesting way to teach your family about the real meaning of Thanksgiving you will love this book. It’s easy to read, beautifully illustrated, and contains a full unit study on the history of Thanksgiving.
Here are just a few of the things you will find included:
- Excerpts from Of Plimoth Plantation and Mourt’s Relation, so you can teach your children the truth about our Pilgrim forefathers
- Authentic songs and hymns from the Pilgrim times with their stories
- Traditional poems you can use in your celebration, as they’ve been used for 200 years or more
In addition it has:
- A complete, traditional Thanksgiving menu
- Old family recipes, passed down for generations, for everything on the menu
- Secret hints to teach you how to roast a turkey that’s so good they’ll be talking about it all year
- A complete shopping list to save your valuable time
- Step by step instructions and cooking schedule to help you know what to do in advance and what order to cook in
- Blank forms for when you are ready to customize your own feast
This is also an excellent tool for use at your Thanksgiving celebration, especially if you have friends and loved ones attending who aren’t saved. Sharing even a small part of why we celebrate and one or two of the hymns of our forefathers would be a tremendous way to bring Christ into your celebration without offending anyone.
This is one resource that you will want to keep handy to use year after year. Having all this information in one book will make your ongoing teaching and training of how to celebrate Thanksgiving easier than you ever thought possible.
Leave your name and email address in the comments if you want to be entered in the drawing for a copy of “We Gather Together” by Hal and Melanie Young. Our drawing will be Friday so you can use this for Thanksgiving.
Finding Joy in the Journey,
I would love to have the opportunity to keep in touch with you. Please sign up to be notified of new entries and to receive my Free E-zine. (Your address will not be shared)
Proclaiming God’s Faithfulness at: http://www.Phyllis-Sather.com
© 2011 Phyllis Sather
All rights reserved
Contact me at: Phyllis@Phyllis-Sather.comI