Is there something you are wanting to do with your family this summer, but the money just isn’t there?
We just had vacation plans fall apart. Not because of money but because someone in our family got called for jury duty. I understand the disappointment that comes with being unable to do something that you would like to do.
That’s partially why I jumped at this opportunity to participate in this Summer Blessing Giveaway. I want to be a part of helping one family be able to do something special together.
Special doesn’t have to be expensive.
[Tweet “Special doesn’t have to be expensive.”]
You heard me right. Doing something special with your loved ones doesn’t have to be expensive. Just think about the things you remember about the past. If you had an opportunity to take an expensive trip, your favorite memory would probably be some small incident.
What I want to do, and what I’m sure you want to do, is make memories as a family. Memories and traditions are what hold families together.
[Tweet “Memories and traditions are what hold families together.”]
A few memories and traditions that our family sees as memorable are:
- Having s’mores for breakfast.
- Going to McDonald’s for ice cream in our PJs after driving around looking at Christmas lights. (The adults were not in their PJs.)
- Going for a drive in our PJs to listen to the next chapter of an audio book. (Sounds like we do a lot in our PJs huh?)
- Having a Rainy Day Box filled with toys and crafts that the children can only play with on rainy days.
- Having ice cream with Rice Krispies for breakfast. (Ice cream is just frozen milk, right?)
- Mom saying Rount Mushmore instead of Mount Rushmore.
We have rented the same little cabin for 25 years. We joke that we have so many traditions that we can no longer do them all in one trip. Now we have to pick and choose.
You get the idea. There are dozens of ways to make memories and start traditions.
Will ask the Lord to show you some ways that you can make memories and traditions that your family will be talking about for years to come.
And now for the giveaway!
When you sign up for my newsletter to enter you will receive an added bonus. A free copy of Dan’s Doodles Coloring Book!
Please sign up for my newsletter so I can send you your free copy of Dan’s Doodles I . Fill out the form on the right and you will receive a download link. (We won’t share your address.)
- No purchase necessary.
- Must be 18 to enter.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- **Open to US/Canada residents only. **
- This giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or associated by Facebook.
- By entering this giveaway, you agree to release Facebook, Woman to Woman Ministries and all participating bloggers of all liability.
- Contest ends at 12:01am EST on July 25, 2016.
- Winning entry will be verified.
- Winner is randomly chosen by Rafflecopter and will be emailed.