I love bargains! And my husband knows it.
He has said at least a dozen times, “No one likes a bargain like my wife!”
Here is my latest bargain.
This is 30 pounds of hamburger I purchased for less than $2 a pound! It had just been marked down because the expiration date was near.
At first I just took a couple of pounds. Then a couple more. Then I decided to take all they had.
- I had the freezer space.
- We had money available for groceries.
- I knew my family would eat it quickly, especially since it’s summer and we love to grill.
- It was a store I shopped regularly so I knew the quality.
For our family this was indeed a great bargain.
What would have made it a foolish purchase?
- If we didn’t have the money so I decided to charge it. The interest could eat up any savings.
- We didn’t have freezer space.
- It was something my family wouldn’t eat regularly.
- I was unfamiliar with the brand and it could turn out to be something we didn’t enjoy.
Here is a fun article I wrote about how well my husband knows my love for a bargain.
(We will not share your address)