“Gullible is written on the ceiling.” Meaning you are easily persuaded to believe something because you didn’t use discernment. Did you ever get told this when you were growing up?
Being gullible isn’t desirable, and getting caught being gullible can be a painful experience.
The Bible says,
- [Pro 14:15 NKJV] The simple believes every word, But the prudent considers well his steps.
- [1Th 5:21 ESV] but test everything; hold fast what is good.
- [1Jo 4:1 ESV]Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.
I’ve done this with decluttering. There just is no “one size fits all”. What works for you may not work for me. I don’t think I could even tell you where I’ve gotten all my ideas from because I’ve been reading as much as possible on this topic for two reasons.
- To help me find the best ways to organize what I need to keep.
- Keep me encouraged and moving ahead with decluttering no matter how slowly that is happening.
Someone told me concerning books, that you need to eat the meat and spit out the bones. Other than the Bible, I rarely believe everything in any given book, article, speech, or movie.
- This is why we’re told to test everything. Prov. 14:15
- Don’t put yourself in the position of hearing gullible is written on the ceiling.
Very interesting article
I’m linking to this article because I think she does an excellent job of “testing” The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.
It’s a little long, but well worth your while to read all the way through. Leave me a comment and tell me what you think.
In this article Practical Thoughts On The KonMarie Method
I shared some things I liked about this method. Here is one thing I’ve decided to undo.
- I Konmaried my scarves and put them in a nice basket.
- It really looks nice.
- But it isn’t practical for me and it takes more space than the system I was using.
- And I don’t like to fold my scarves every time I use one. They are soft and flimsy and difficult to fold.
So I’m going back to my original way.
- I have two of these hangers. I use one for heavier scarfs and one for lighter scarfs.
- The other thing I do is hang the scarf with what I usually wear with it. Often I have a shirt, sweater, and scarf on the same hanger so I can just pull it out and have it all together.
That’s ok! There is no rule that says you can only do it one way.
©Write the Vision
All rights reserved
Please note that we participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program.
AFFILIATE LINKS DISCLOSURE:
Write the Vision does provide links to different products, retailers or organizations on our site and we may also place affiliate links on sidebars. We encourage you to follow these links and check them out. If you purchase something through one of our affiliate links we will make a commission from the sale, without any additional cost to you. We only recommend things that we have used personally and love.