Commitment is Never Easy
“Basically, if you commit to nothing, you’ll be distracted by everything.” Peter Marshall in an article by James Clear
- Commitment makes all the difference.
- I’ve found this to be so true – at least of myself.
- Without my “to do” list I tend to wander aimlessly, wondering what I should do next.
- Any number of things can prevent me from what I should be doing.
“If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
- Not only can we waste days, but without the commitment to a clear direction, we can waste years.
- Just putting in our time is not why the Lord put us on this earth.
- He has a plan for each of us – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
- It is our job to seek the Lord to find out what those plans are so that we can accomplish his desires for our lives. “Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”Isaiah 55:6
- I haven’t found a better way than to get together yearly as a family to pray, seek the Lord, and discuss what we think He is saying to us.
- This is what our book Purposeful Planning is all about.
Pick a date
Get a vision for your family
Steve Maxwell on commitment: LOOK OUT BELOW!
This article by Steve Maxwell has a strong call to Dads, “Oh, Dads, I plead with you to have a “vision” of where God is calling your family. To know and follow it will save you so much grief.” Be sure to read the entire article – it’s short but powerful.
Please sign up for my newsletter so I can send you your free copy of Dan’s Doodles I Fill out the form on the right and you will receive a download link. (We will not share your address.)
©Write the Vision
All rights reserved