This is the 27th year we’ve rented the same cabin from another Christian couple. What a blessing.
Things we enjoy
- We have so many memories and traditions here that it is still everyone’s favorite vacation.
- It’s nothing fancy, but we’ve certainly enjoyed it.
- In fact we enjoy it because it isn’t fancy. It’s clean and well kept, but well worn too.
- I don’t fuss about glasses and cups everywhere or clean it up every day.
- We all just relax and when we run out of dishes everyone loads the dishwasher and we start over.
- It’s ok to wear your pjs until noon – or later.
- It’s ok to jump in the lake rather than the shower – although we do shower off outside after jumping in the lake.
- We cook one meal a day. Otherwise you are on your own for breakfast and lunch. I keep a good supply of fruit, veggies, and sandwich makings on hand.
Here is an article from 2008 where I share a few things about it.
I’ll leave you with our view of North Sand Lake and go back to enjoying time with my family.
(We will not share your address)