For pictures of process look at this post. http://phyllis-sather.com/youre-going-love-sicilian-meatloaf-link/
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup heinz ketchup
- 8 thin slices ham
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 3 slices mozzarella cheese
- Combine eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, ground beef, and Heinz ketchup
- with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well. On heavy duty foil, pat meat into a 12 x 10 rectangle. Arrange ham atop. Top with shredded cheese. Starting from short end carefully roll up meat using foil to lift; seal edges and ends. Place seam side down in 13 x 9 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 hours. Halve cheese slices diagonally; place atop roll. Return to oven until melted. Makes 8 servings. Internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Our family enjoys this so much that we often have it for Christmas dinner.
Sign up so you don’t miss any of my fabulous recipes.
Please sign up for my newsletter so I can send you your free copy of Dan’s Doodles I Fill out the form on the right and you will receive a download link. (Your address will not be shared)