Home Alone – An Adventure
- It’s been years since I’ve spent any amount of time home alone.
- As a wife, mother, and homeschool mom, that just doesn’t happen.
- As I drove home from dropping our daughters off at the airport I found myself dreading walking into an empty house.
- My husband and son were working.
- The girls were gone.
- I was going to experience being home alone.
- The times I thought having any amount of time to myself would be wonderful.
- I think of wanting just five minutes of quiet.
What to do with all the quiet
- I have a sinus infection so it’s been easy for me to sleep in a bit.
- I’ve had some nice long leisurely and quiet times with the Lord.
- I managed to do some small cleaning jobs that I never seem to get to during the hustle and bustle of every day life.
- I’m cleaning out my emails.
- Two bigger projects I’ve been trying to work on might just get some attention.
- I’m counting the days until my girls come home.
- Getting used to turning to the Lord when I feel lonely and am finding contentment with this time.
- I’m learning how to make smaller meals.
- Planning menu for our upcoming annual cabin trip.
I’m finding the Lord to be faithful and I’m quite content.
“For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.” Psalm 33:4
I’m really looking forward to my girls return on June 1st.!
(We will not share your address)