Helpful Pain Level Chart
- You’ve all probably seen this pain level chart at one time or another.
- I had a funny experience while I was in a recovery room.
- This chart was beside this notice from the hospital. On a scale of 1-10 how was your visit here. We want it to be a 10.
Miss marked meat
- As I was looking though my options I ran across a package of meat that said it cost $9.95 a pound. Total price for that package was over $70. My first reaction was ” Oh boy, has this meat ever gone up in price.”
- All the rest were marked $1.95 a pound and were a much more reasonable option.
- I chuckled as I thought of someone in a hurry grabbing it and getting to the check-out only to discover the error.
Laughter is good for us
- Both of these situations gave me a good laugh, but it also made me wonder.
- How often do I make mistakes because I haven’t looked at the big picture?
- In the misplaced signs, first glance seemed to say, “I want you to hurt as much as possible.”
- Of course that isn’t what they wanted and taken separately both signs would have been ok.
- In the meat isle, I could have easily been the hurried shopper who grabbed that expensive package of meat.
Real life examples
- When we travel and are in a new city, Dan looks at the map and then drives around like he knows exactly where he is going.
- His secret is that he gets the big picture – main north/south and east/west roads. Big landmarks like airports etc.
- Me? I love my GPS even if I don’t always trust it. You can read more about that in my article God’s GPS
- When I’m helping with a shower or big meal at church I always use this plan.
- If someone asks me what they can do I give them whatever job I’m doing.
- Why? Because I know the big picture and can move on to the next thing.
- It also gives me a quick answer to their question.
When we can’t understand or see why the Lord has brought some difficulty into our lives we need to remember and trust.
He knows the big picture.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and
not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jer 29:11 NIV
(We will not share your address)