My type A personality lends itself easily to being a Martha much easier than a Mary.
“But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” Luke 10:40
This year instead of a word or verse [Tweet “I’ve asked the Lord to help me be more of a Mary than a Martha.”]
- I want to learn to sit at His feet and listen – REALLY listen.
- I also want to spend more time in prayer and meditation on His Word.
- My heart is to get to know Him better.
So, middle of February, how’s that working for me?
- I’ve been sick since the 21st of January with a bad sinus infection that isn’t responding to antibiotics.
- This included a deep, deep chest cough.
- And I’ve lost my voice – actually no voice for three weeks.
- My stamina is all but gone – I work in 15 minute segments.
- I haven’t been out much since January 21st – not even to church.
- [Tweet “Be careful about what you pray for.”]
- You might just get it.
- Praying is about all I could do some days.
- Meditating on God’s Word has been what I’ve done when I’m too tired to do anything else.
- I haven’t posted very much, but I have been asking busy moms with sick children or many children how I can pray for them, because I actually have time to do it.
This isn’t exactly how I thought things would work out, but the Lord is answering my prayer in His own way and I’ve been working hard to allow Him to work in my heart to help me be a Mary any way He wants to.
“But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, 42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”Luke 10:41-42 ESV
(We will not share your address)