For the past 27 years we have been at this cabin on Father’s Day.
- That means we’ve had to plan ahead for how we will celebrate.
- We usually do breakfast in bed, which was so much fun when our children were young. They were 4, 2, and 3 months old the first year we came here.
- Our standard breakfast has been bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls – the kind from a can – not homemade. Sorry – I just wasn’t up to it when the children were so young, and now it’s a tradition.
- We have so many traditions for our time at the cabin that we can no longer fit them all in.
- This is the one place anyone who wants can choose a box of cereal that they especially want – even sugared ones.
- We can do pretty much what we want, as long as we are considerate of others.
We did a lot of science here – dissecting fish while the were being cleaned, and catching snakes and frogs. We even heard a frog cry when a snake was eating him. I couldn’t watch.
We always find monarch butterfly cocoons and take them home to watch them open and allow them to go free.
How do you celebrate Father’s Day? Please share in the comments.
(We will not share your address)